Re: [OM] OT: Bagpipes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Bagpipes
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 19:49:59 +1000
As any Australian would know, AC/DC used bagpipes a fair bit in earlier times -
because the original singer, Bon Scott, was Scots, mad as a short kilt and soon
dead of alcoholic complications (inhaled vomit?). This guy looks the part but
he's a bit tinny in comparison.
Here's the original - awful TV show tho'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QJemHYHvU
And a better version shot in the streets of Melbourne -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGflPNVmQuA
And Scott wasn't faking - he'd been brought up in pipe bands and they used them
because he could play. He is our very own dead legend. Hasn't been quite the
same since.

The song was eventually lampooned mercilessly as 'It's a long way to the shop
if you want a sausage roll...'

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com