Re: [OM] New rolling camera bag

Subject: Re: [OM] New rolling camera bag
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:10:52 -0400
When my wife and I went with friends to Scotland we first stayed with
the friends' son and daughter-in-law in SW London and then took the
Virgin train first class (recommended) to Glasgow.  We stayed in the
Ho-Tel apartments adjacent to the train station (also recommended) and
rented a 4-door diesel Vauxhall sedan (also recommended) from Hertz
about 1/2 mile away.  We used the Ho-Tel apartment as a base for walking
trips in the city and for day trips to Loch Lomond, Oban and many other
places to the north of Glasgow.

We then drove the car to Edinburgh, say many sights along the way and
stayed at another Ho-Tel apartment on the water front in Edinburgh.
There we did the same but using the bus to get into the city proper and
the car for day trips.  We returned the car in Edinburgh and took
another (non-Virgin) train back to London.  That train was OK but hardly
the same excellent accommodations as we had on the Virgin train.

What you do, of course, depends on how much time you have.  Don't miss
the royal botanical gardens in Edinburgh.

Chuck Norcutt