Re: [OM] Is the back of the OM3TI made of titanium?

Subject: Re: [OM] Is the back of the OM3TI made of titanium?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:18:35 -0600
> keh has a LN-minus one, for $1800.  ("Go get 'em, guys).  I assume no box.
>
> Pretty pricey, and well into Leica collectible range.
>
> I'm thinking without the box and packing, the body only doesn't warrant
> that price.  Is that right?

That's pretty much where I'd expect the pricing to be. From a private
sale, and given patience and ebay luck, you can probably score one as
low as $1200 in exactly the same quality/packaging. Their LN-1 is
everybody else's shrinkwrap LNIB (if there was a box). You can still
smell the "new camera odor" with most KEH cameras.

If anything happened to mine and insurance was paying, I'd just go
ahead and call KEH and replace my kit from there. A one-stop shop.

The OM-3Ti really is my favorite OM body. The OM-4T (Ti for the global
crowd who have traffic circles) is better in many regards, but just
doesn't have the same haptics. The majority of my film shooting these
days (except for time-exposure stuff) is with the OM-3Ti, 28/2 and
100/2. But, that's with B&W film. If I'm shooting high-ISO color film
and around people, I'm mostly using the 35-80/2.8 zoom. Occasionally,
I'll just use the OM body with a 50/1.4 lens.

So much kit, so little time.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx