Re: [OM] Steam trains running this summer

Subject: Re: [OM] Steam trains running this summer
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:08:49 +0100
I did just that - get multiple vantage points - when returning up here from
"down south" five years ago. I hadn't intended to, and didn't know what all
th tripods were for as we came north, but the blast of steam from under a
bridge soon put me right. There were freqent stops after that. All these
were taken within about an hour, despite the variety of weather on show:

For the cognoscenti it's a Stanier Black Five 4-6-0 leading a Gresley A4
Pacific.  I suspect the driver of one was ex-Navy, as the command "Make
Smoke!" comes to mind.

Piers