[OM] Another more subtle question - OM3 vs OM3TI?

Subject: [OM] Another more subtle question - OM3 vs OM3TI?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:31:31 -0400 (EDT)
3Ti AG writes:

>>1. Meter and adjust the scene for ambient exposure. For argument sake,
>>let's say we're in open shade, so 1/ISO at F11 or equivalent. My film
>>speed is ISO 100, so, my exposure would be 1/60 at F16.

>>2. Adjust the exposure compensation dial to -2 stops.

>>3. Turn on flash and use the appropriate switch setting on the camera
>>(X, I think).

>>4. Fire away.

Hmmm,
Sounds a bit like the John Lind method for other bodies.  IIRC this
does not work because the flash will not fire if the
meter detects SS over 1/60th for proper exposure in auto mode on an OM
body.  Is the 3T really an exception?????
Don't say "yes" as it could potentially cost me mucho dinero. ;-)

The bright fill John Lind method and "top off" TTL fill method do work
but results can be quite variable.

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2005-09/msg01646.html

Mike