Re: [OM] Another more subtle question - OM3 vs OM3TI?

Subject: Re: [OM] Another more subtle question - OM3 vs OM3TI?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:42:17 -0600
> Sounds a bit like the John Lind method for other bodies.

John's guide was a good synopsis of methods which are applicable
across almost every system.

> IIRC this does not work because the flash will not fire if the
> meter detects SS over 1/60th for proper exposure in auto mode on an OM
> body.  Is the 3T really an exception?????
> Don't say "yes" as it could potentially cost me mucho dinero. ;-)

KaChing!

Obviously, the 3Ti doesn't do auto-exposure on the ambient. This is
where the wet-ware does the auto-exposure of the ambient. The flashes
kinda do their own thing.

> The bright fill John Lind method and "top off" TTL fill method do work
> but results can be quite variable.

If you run a shutter speed faster than 1/60, you'll get partial
blocking of the image to the flash exposure. But if your subject is in
the middle, and the flash is not responsible for lighting anything but
the subject, then you can usually run a sync speed of 1/125. I've gone
1/250, but wouldn't recommend it. One stop is quite doable, though.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx