Re: [OM] (OM) OT Lightroom naming behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Lightroom naming behaviour
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:01:44 +1200
Bob W. wrote:
> I occasionally forget to name the imported files in some coherent manner.
> But it's simple, and right there on the left column in the import
> dialogue. You also can batch rename files later, if you need to. I've done
> that a few times as well.
>
> --Bob Whitmire
> Registered Neanderthal

Thanks for that, Bob, ( and others who responded on this).

What bugs me about it is that I didn't set it to re-name any. It imported
approx 120 folders' worth of images, but stuffed up on only the one.
I'm happy to use the camera & scanner names since that's what I have
listed in the more than 100 images ( miserably small) collection on my web-
page.

Thankfully, as far as I know so far, it has re-named the files in only one
folder, and I have enough camera file names from that folder saved
elsewhere than in the set I had it index, for me to manually re-name the rest
as they should be, using those few as a guide.

If life weren't a continued learning process - it would probably be more
boring .... But I do get upset at having to learn machine mistakes !!

Brian Swale.