Re: [OM] Hugin question

Subject: Re: [OM] Hugin question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 08:40:13 -0400
I've only used hugin a couple of times... when PS seemed to be having
trouble.  I've never attempted multi-row panos with any software but, if
I had the same problem you seem to be having I'd first create horizontal
panos from each row of images and then attempt to stitch each row
together vertically.  Why?  I don't know except that success might come
from solving simpler problems sequentially rather that doing everything
all at once.  It could, of course, also be done by creating vertical
columns first and then stitching those together.

But be advised that it may not be working because your images are just
not amenable to being stitched due to insufficient accuracy of rotation
about the entrance pupil of the lens.  If that's the problem you will
probably discover the errant image(s) when trying to to create the pano
piecewise.  If stitching horizontal rows together works but then fails
when trying to stitch them vertically try creating the vertical columns
first.  If there's a problem with the images rather than the software I
should think it will become apparent when you work on subsets of the whole.

Chuck Norcutt