[OM] I love it when things work out

Subject: [OM] I love it when things work out
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:25:16 -0500
First, I could not figure out how to use my spiffy wireless remote to do
the "bulb" thing, and the Basic Manual is zero help.  YouTube to the
rescue... put the camera in "Manual" and spin the shutter dial until it
says either "Timeview" or "Bulbview".  Then when you depress the
shutter, you get the cumulative built exposure showing on the LCD.

Now that I know how, I'm heading out to the countryside just east of me
tonight to take advantage of the cloudless sky and try a night-sky
exposure or two.  Will try one with the Panny 20/1.7, and one with the
Zuiko 28mm to see if a 30 sec exposure with the 20mm will result in
banding or not.  I'll turn off IS to eliminate a possible noise source -
with the 28, I'll be more or less manual all the way.

Second, I wanted to take a polarizer with me today... but the 20/1.7
takes a 46mm polarizer, which I don't have.  I have a 55 which fit on
the 65-200 I used to use before it committed fogicide, and a 67 that
fits the 14-54 on the E-1.  So, I thought, "Crap.  Guess I need to order
a step-up ring, but I won't have that for today".

And then I took a close look at the lens hood on the 20.  Yep.
Threaded.  And, 55mm!  So, I unwittingly bought myself not only a nifty
lens hood, but also the 46-55mm step-up ring I didn't know I'd need later!

I love it when something works out.

The results of the long-exposure night shots will be posted tonight.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard