Re: [OM] (OM) OT Lightroom naming behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Lightroom naming behaviour
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:57:07 +1200
Chris B asked:
> Brian
> It might sound obvious, but had you read any instructions before launching
> into an import?
> Chris

Not in detail; perhaps in part because the print size was rather small to read.
I saw nothing that raised red flags.

I felt relatively secure that nothing illogical would happen, given previous
comments in this forum. And in general that trust was fulfilled, EXCEPT in
the aberrant case of only one ( as far as I know) folder (with unique images)
in the midst of many, where renumbering took place. Weird. There are only
about 70 images in there, and most are not all that important as far as
indexing for sale or whatever is concerned, so I can manually re-name the
ones that bother me  - I think..

I have now key-worded a sufficiently large number to not want to go back to
"start".  And I have developed a work-flow which uses LR2 and FastStone to
help me keyword the images quickly. FastStone still sees the correct
(camera) names, as it should.

Actually, the more I look at the wrongly numbered images, the more I have a
suspicion that LR2 may not be the culprit - but I don't know what else it
might be. Not to worry now; unless there is a contagious outbreak, I can
deal with it.

Brian Swale.