Re: [OM] Any 24mm f3.5 Shift lenses available?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any 24mm f3.5 Shift lenses available?
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:39:15 +0000
Most T/S lenses don't have enough tilt to be very useful at adding DOF in
a macro situation. You need a ton of tilt, and even then it's still super
shallow DOF, just in a different dimension.

The main usefulness of tilt in 35mm I think is either reverse tilt to add
interesting out of focus areas,  the whole "fake miniature" thing, and of
course adding DOF in landscape shots while still shooting at the best
aperture (say f/5.6-8).

Hardcore macro enthusiasts in 35mm digital have moved on to focus stacking
as the solution to shallow DOF.

-Ed