[OM] Bye, old friend... The passing of an era

Subject: [OM] Bye, old friend... The passing of an era
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:14:38 -0600
Somebody asked what surprises are in order on the digital camera side
of the house. Well, first step was the shedding of something I thought
would never happen.

The E-1 is sold. Fortunately, to somebody we all know and love, but still...

It's definitely a passing of an era. We took it out for one last
outing and photographed in extreme lighting conditions. The type of
stuff that gives most cameras a sensor attack. I ask myself "why am I
doing this?" It's because of two reasons:

1. Somebody else needs it more than me.
2. I'm moving on from 4/3 and I don't need anything holding me back.

It's a tough choice, but it had to be made. No new camera quite yet.
Too many big expenses got in the way and I had three non-pay days hit
in two weeks. Doesn't matter, though. I've got the OM system that I've
been using mostly, anyway. Life is good.

So, there is one other camera to shed. The DMC-L1. I did pick up a
14-42, recently, which is a really nice match to it. I am not in so
much of a hurry to get rid of that camera until the new one arrives,
but if somebody were to say "I want to buy your camera" I'm entirely
ready to talk.

Sigh.

--
Ken Norton