Re: [OM] IMG: Leiden, oldest Hortus of the Netherlands

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Leiden, oldest Hortus of the Netherlands
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 19:18:27 +0200
Thanks!

So far:
+ size, weight and handling improved (reference 5d classic)
+ implementation of focus with live view (intuitive enough to automate for
me, press same button in right thumb reach three times and you have max
magnification). Review with magnification to check focus is close as well
+ sensitivity central af sensor (on a sunny day it is responsive @ f8,
which is a diaphragm I regularly shoot on sunny days, so no additional stop
down after focussing needed)
+ exposure way better then 5d classic, even when stopped down (the 5d
needed more compensation when more stopped down for some reason)

- live view of limited use outdoor due to screen brightness (hmm, lack of)
and reflection, a tilting screen would have helped tremendously as well
(spoiled by the e-m5). Maybe I should look into a sunshade for the screen.
- back focus with most of my adapters for MF. I have some EMF adapters
which allow focus micro adjustment, and the camera has such an option too.
I haven't sorted it out yet, and did not find much on-line help either.
- live view doesn't work with some older adapters (no idea), but it does
with my EMF's.
- I should study getting better colors from RAW. Looking for Olympus
colors... ;-)

The back focus is my focus issue. On the bright side: the viewfinder is OK
for MF (not in OM league of course). And I do some manual focus bracketing
if I'm not sure. Oh and the 35-80mm dedicated ring seems to be OK now
(further testing needed).

All in all I'm satisfied but have some work to do.

Actually I was hoping you would buy it and then share your settings on the
list ;-)

Best, Frank

2013/7/18 Ken Norton