Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX

Subject: Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:04:39 -0500
Jim,

I agree with you to a point. The inept management didn't understand the
challenges of marketing in a very large country with spread out population,
and they did not seem to be willing to learn the cultural differences
between americians and japanese. The late entry into autofocus and digital
were two other failures of upper management. Perhaps we could blame the
Maitani culture there a bit, as they obviously have brilliant engineers but
no one left that can integrate that in to a whole that people want.