Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX

Subject: Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:09:15 -0600
> Two and four are really the same thing. They needed to move on after the
> superb OM4Ti, and the central part of that follow on most certainly would be
> AF. At that point there was simply no place for a new MF camera, the market
> demanded AF.  And I did fail to mention dealer treatment, which went south
> when there were the OM 10 problems. Everything went down from there.

The OM-10 was a disaster, for sure. However, as much as a disaster it
was, it was also a brilliant camera for Olympus. It openned up the big
retailers to the OM line and they were able to massively improve
market share. However, that came at the price of cutting the camera
stores out of the bulk buying discounts.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx