Re: [OM] What is the split?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is the split?
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:49:57 +0800 (WST)
Hi Bill,

> So my split on capture is probably 90% film and 10% digital.  What is
> yours?  I'm just curious and wondering if most of the OM gear out there is
> gathering dust.

All of my OM gear is storaged until I can get it on display
except for some macro len's and my 35-80/2.8 - I simply
cant find anywere in Perth (Australia) that I'm happy with
for film processing, at least not with in a reasonable distance
of where I live that I have looked so far.
Even my T45 is still packed away.

Before I can get my gear out and fondle it properly I need
to divest our current house of its extra teenage occupants,
and all the furniture stored here.

If I could find somewere that processed film, in a consistant
manner, and I do not include chemist processing in that, then
I would return to film for most of my work. Especially anything
involving flash.

So currently its 100% digital.

I'm going bush next month, and that will be when I
also take OM4Ti and tripod with me as well as some
digital gear, that will be the first time I've used the 4
since I moved to Perth early 2011 so I'll make sure it's
all good to go. I'll risk sending the Film to a processor
in Melbourne.

Why film ? 18 months ago I use digital for some bush
shots driving back from Kalgoorlie to Perth, just lacks the
punch that film has with dynamic range and capturing the
colors of the bush. Maybe I need a full frame digital but
it's possibly easier for me to use what I know use to
work to get what I want than start anew again.

Batteries are no problems, and readily available at your
local chemist or Battery World in the next suburb to me.

I use to get my processing done at Zimmermans in
Mt Lawley (Perth suburb) in a past life, absolute top's but
he has since passed away I believe, I did a film lab install
about 35 years ago for Stevensons, and they are nolonger
around either. There all gone :(

The next house I buy will I think be my final retirement
home, something older and that I can have access to both
floor and roof space, with a view to building something
that could be a darkroom. Have to make sure before I do
something like that, that chemicals and film are still available.

I figure with a darkroom I would want to also start doing
prints again for display - as well as digitise the film.

Lets see if I make it that far :)

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.