Re: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT satellite triangulation and pinpointing of cell-phones
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:36:01 +1000
Known and well known for thirty years mate.
And there's another base a bit further south the name of which I've forgotten -
probably wisely.
Originally set up to monitor phone conversations as soon as most long distance
connexions went microwave.
It's been listening to the Chinese for a very long time.
And was a major link in the VLF nuclear submarine communication network.

A bit of a running sore, partly because the murkins refused to share
information with he Australian intelligence services unless they thought it was
relevant to Australia (yeah, sure) and made it perfectly clear that any
objection to that was NOT ON THE TABLE, OK?! The Australian liaison staff
tended to feel a bit - surplus to requirement.
Back before 1990 it was clearly the #1 nuclear target in Oz - leading to the
comment that we were being 'defended to death' by out friends.

It was hardly a secret that it was the primary intelligence gathering point in
this quarter/third of the sphere and that it would be upgraded continuously to
cover the Indian Ocean rim.
So I think you can relax Brian - they're looking North and North West - NZ is
not high on their list of priorities.

Andrew Fildes (who wonders occasionally if he has his very own secret police
file or is merely an appendix in those of a couple of his friends).
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813