Re: [OM] What is the split?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is the split?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 19:50:34 -0400
I think it was about 3 years ago that I bought the Moose's OM-4 (with 4T
circuit).  I didn't need it but I'd always wanted one.  But to date I
haven't run a single roll of film through it.

I shot one roll of color film about 2 years ago but I didn't use the
OM-4.  I used an OM-2 since I was taking a stroll through the Big
Cypress Swamp in Florida with Clyde Butcher's crew (his daughters I
think).  I mean literally strolling through the swamp on foot in knee
high to waist high water.  Lots of tree roots and other obstacles to
trip over so I didn't want the OM-4 or any of my digital darlings to end
up in the drink if I ended up in the drink.  Scared up one small momma
gator and one panicky water moccasin but the camera remained dry.  There
was one other time that I thought I'd shoot film and loaded the 4T with
some Kodak color negative film but never pushed the shutter button for
some reason.  So I have to say that I've been 98-99% digital since 2004
starting with my Minolta A1 and graduating to my Canon 5D in 2006.  But
I did shoot a roll of film in 2006 in my OM-2s for the Oly Odyssey.

Today my 14 OM bodies set unused but some of the lenses go out from time
to time on the 5D or the OM-D E-M5.  I've no idea why I have 14 bodies.
  I suspect that many of them are not fully functional although I think
my original OM-1 and an OM-2, OM-2n, OM-2s and the OM-4 are in good
working order.  Some, like an OM-PC and OM-10 have never even had a
single roll of film run through them by me.  Dunno if they work or not.
  I did have occasion to put some batteries in the OM-10 today to see if
the meter display worked.  It did but pointed out that the first set of
batteries I installed were dead.  I guess I should get some more
batteries after you figure out where to get them.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt