[OM] (OM) OT Update

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Update
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 00:22:07 +1200
A quick note.
I am still reading the digest every day (usually between 11pm and 1am), but
I'm not commenting much.

Just for info, in case I go off-line for an extended period.

My partner Maggie had a heart attack on Saturday 13th, confirmed when
she had an appointment with her GP on Wednesday 17th.
It's been a while coming. For literally months she has been sitting around
"all" day, reading novels and smoking like a train. Little I could say without
it
being construed as nagging.
No damage done as far as can be ascertained; but it is a serious warning.

She is starting to panic a bit, and my responses have been along the line of
"don't keep on doing the same and expect a different outcome", I 'have'
managed to get her to come for small walks with me, of an intensity she can
cope with ( such exercise is good for the endothelium of the arteries), I'm
trying to get her to eat healthier foods ( but she is a poor eater), and reduce
smoking. But for a person who used to run marathons, her current
performance is miserable. She "is" starting to listen.

I'm not expecting miracles, and personally preparing for the worst..

My son is coming across from London at the end of week 1 in Feb. 2014 to
get married, near Nelson (top of the South Island, I live in the centre of the
bottom, South Island). It will be 2 days to drive up and 2 days back. Since it
is unlikely that we two will ever get up there again, I have organised an 8 day
stay up there; the first 4 around the wedding and family, the rest for
rubber-necking and photography. And dog-walks. I'm hoping that having that
to look forward to will bring a bit more spark into Maggie's life.

OM stuff - split. have not done much photography of any kind over the last
month. Mostly digital, but did take some shots with the OM4Ti during the last
week.

I have at least 6 functional OM / Olympus bodies incl OM2000, as well as
such as XA, XA4, Epic Stylus,  6x6. And a little Rollei (2). Without counting,
guess I have at least 20 Zuikos plus a few others that fit. And, due to a brain
spasm, I did buy a Kiev 4 a few months ago (years ago I hankered after a
Contax). And a developing tank. I have a pack-rat mentality :-(

Brian Swale