Re: [OM] OT upgrading to Win 7: 32-bit or 64-bit?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT upgrading to Win 7: 32-bit or 64-bit?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:49:13 -0500
The RAM limitations are due more to the 32-bit vs. 64-bit thing.  32-bit
Win7 can still only access 4GB of ram, just like XP.  If you go to 64bit,
you can access more ram that you can usually afford.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Mike, isn't XP limited in the amount of memory it can recognize?  I run
> XP on an old Dell 4700 and it does not seem to make use of all of the
> memory that I have on board.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 7/24/2013 4:41 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> > Given your setup I would stick with XP. Don't see and benefit with Win7
> > of either flavor and perhaps problems. At the very least I would check
> > compatibility with any hardware or software that you are currently using.
>

> --

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard