Re: [OM] (OM) OT Update

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Update
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:31:33 -0600
> Don't count on it. I had an uncle who suffered from bad genes. He was
> overweight, smoked and liked his drink. As he entered his thirties, he
> decided to change his life, and lost weight, quit smoking and cut back his
> drinking to just one with dinner. At 39, he wend out for his usual morning
> jog, finished, opened the front door, went into the living room, sat down on
> his favorite overstuffed chair and dropped dead. That's why I don't jog.

This guy got caught up in the pre-diabetic situation where everything
just turned to fat. Lots of excuses and gene blame until he took
ownership of the situation and decided to turn his life around. A
combination of a carefully crafted and managed exercise routine and
insanely healthy food intake (now has a restuarant serving that nasty
tasting health food) and he's half the man he was and continuing to
shrink. No stupid crash diet, either. It's textbook stuff.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx