Re: [OM] Manfrotto 294 w/QR Ballhead

Subject: Re: [OM] Manfrotto 294 w/QR Ballhead
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 19:04:50 +0100 (BST)
Perhaps not what you want to hear...but...Manfrotto tripods are good value for
and the  money and the 496 ballhead with QR is a jem...I use one myself. I
would strongly advise, if funds allow going for this ballhead with their 190 X
pro legs. the advantage of this leg set up is that the central column can be
mounted horizontally giving you much more versatility. Of course you could
always push the boat out and get the carbon fibre version. This is my setup and
I highly recommend it. Much lighter than the aluminium version good for hiking
and very versatile. Buy this setup and you will not need to upgrade!

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK