Re: [OM] OM Gear FS

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Gear FS
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 13:46:22 -0400
I should have mentioned that using a T-32 off-camera with T-cables and a
non-OM body requires a TTL auto shoe cord.  Alternatively one can use a
standard PC cord but it will require a PC to hot shoe connector on the
flash end and possibly a hot shoe to PC cord connector on the camera end
if the camera doesn't have a PC connection.

Radio slaves are certainly the easiest way but also require some sort of
hot shoe arrangement on the flash end that's compatible with the radio
slave.  My favorite is the Paramount Cords female hot shoe to miniphone
connector.
<http://www.paramountcords.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PW-MHSF1&cat=85>
Very ruggedly built.  Fits PocketWizards and some other radio slaves
such as my Alien Bees units.  These Paramount cord connectors are
expensive but I've managed to find 2 of them on ebay for about $20 each.

An even easier solution if you're using at least 2 flash units indoors
it to mount the fill flash light on the camera and then use an
inexpensive optical trigger to fire the main light (or any others) which
are off-camera.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEAGULL-SYK-3-Hot-Shoe-Flash-Light-Remote-Optical-slave-Trigger-for-Canon-Nikon-/250888270544?pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item3a6a1b32d0>

These things are very cheap, very sensitive and very reliable.  I have
some that look exactly like what you see in the link that I've been
using for some 12-15 years.

Chuck Norcutt