Re: [OM] IMG: Beautiful old Chevy

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beautiful old Chevy
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:07:21 +0000 (UTC)
Hard to remember, but from the parking lights I believe it's a 54.  Had one
after high schoo.........235 six cylinder with split manifold and lake pipes,
dual carbs, extra teeth in the grill, 57 Chevy bronze with
metalflake..........those were the days!

        ----- Original Message -----  From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>  To:
Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Mon, 29 Jul 2013
14:44:57 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beautiful old Chevy     On Sun,
Jul 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Peter Klein wrote:    >  >  >  >  > Classic Detroit
1950s industrial-style beauty, and it reminds me of cars  > I saw as a kid. The
car was parked in front of a house in our  > neighborhood where a big outdoor
birthday party was happening. Given the  > license plate, I suspect it belongs
to a hired entertainer. It looked  > like new.  >  > OM-D E-M5 and PanaLeica
25/1.4 Summilux, which produces nice sunstars on  > the shiny chrome at f/11.
"See the USA in your Chevrolet..."  >    Was that Dina Shore singing that?
Looks like about a '52 or '53, or was it  '54?  First car I was ever conscious
of was a powder blue version of that. Joel W.  --