Re: [OM] I deserved a good dinner

Subject: Re: [OM] I deserved a good dinner
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:43:09 -0600
> <http://www.panoramio.com/photo/65651137>  I've tried to shoot it in
> early evening with the lights on but never liked the results (just as I
> don't like the image in the link).  Maybe what I've been missing is a
> severe crop such as yours to pick up the most interesting elements and
> leave out the distractions.

Photographing these things is actually pretty tough with digital. I
think that Provia 100F is about the perfect film for this type of
shot. The sky will saturate magenta/red, but the lights and bright
reflections don't go into extreme blow-out mode and shift colors on
you. About 1/2 hour after sunset, give or take 10 minutes is about the
peak time.

Long live Fujichrome.

--
Ken Norton