Re: [OM] My first attempt at HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] My first attempt at HDR
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:49:32 -0400
  This discussion is getting pretty close to something I plan to try and
do. There is a lighthouse off the coast of Morris Island near here. I have
an idea to photograph the top of the lighthouse with the rising full moon
directly behind it. Using TPE it is easy to locate the position and
time/date where I need to be to get the proper alignment. I plan to shoot
it with a 480mm/f4 refracting scope attached to my Olympus E-body. I know
from experience that the full moon will occupy about one third of the frame
with this setup. My question is: how large will the top of the lighthouse
appear at this magnification? The lighthouse is about 1600 feet from the
beach where I will be shooting and the top of the lighthouse is about 12
feet high and 12 feet wide.

Charlie