Re: [OM] (Very OT) Rental Car Insurance, UK style

Subject: Re: [OM] (Very OT) Rental Car Insurance, UK style
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:09:00 -0400
Bob:
My wife had a small incident in Florida last February. Someone backed
into her rental. Damage to rear bumper cover - estimate ended up around
$600 IIRC. Florida has "no fault" insurance, so she had to deal with it
herself. As we'd paid for the car with our AMEX card, they covered
everything  - reimbursed after the fact. They (Canadian office) were
very helpful and itemized everything we needed. Once we'd got
everything, the refund came within a month or so (again IIRC). Also,
this insurance is unrelated to everyday car insurance......

Martin