Re: [OM] Publication rights question

Subject: Re: [OM] Publication rights question
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:07:34 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 8/1/2013 8:57:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Essentially, if they use my photo, I sign over all rights  to
them, forever, and they can  do whatever they want with it,  wherever they
want to, on whatever media they choose, including any media  that might be
invented sometime in the future.  And I get nothing in  return.

I'm no lawyer and it will be interesting to see what replies you get.

Their conditions basically suck from your side of the deal, which is most
often the case with unilateral contracts.  I would think that if you had
something you thought they might be interested in, you could send them some
sort  of low resolution sample with a one-use contract or other contract which
you  found more to your liking.  Bill Barber