Re: [OM] My first attempt at HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] My first attempt at HDR
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:25:20 -0400
  Thanks, Chuck. That is exactly what I need to know. I only want to catch
the top of the lighthouse in front of the moon, so if the top of the light
and the moon have a similar angular diameter, then I think it will work. If
I ever want to photograph the entire lighthouse with the moon behind it,
then I will have to move some distance away. With your formula I should be
able to calculate the optimum distance. Unfortunately that is likely to put
me in the middle of the wide expanse of marsh that is between the back of
Morris Island and the mainland.
   By the way, this little spit of sand and scrub called Morris Island has
an incredible history. During the siege of Charleston during the Civil War,
it was feared that Union forces would use it as a bridge to attack Fort
Sumter from the rear, so the Confederate defenders of the city built
Battery Wagner at the midpoint of Morris Island to defend that potential
route. In fact, just a few weeks ago was the 150th anniversary of the
attempt by the Massachusetts 54th Regiment to take Battery Wagner. Wagner
never fell and many brave men lay beneath the sand, and now beneath the
waves as that part of the island eroded away many years ago.

Charlie