Re: [OM] One more lens to look for--shot of new member of the family

Subject: Re: [OM] One more lens to look for--shot of new member of the family
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 22:43:44 +0000 (UTC)
I have all three lenses and, for me, the OM is the one.  I shoot at f2 - 2.8,
rarely f4.

        ----- Original Message -----  From: usher99@xxxxxxx  To:
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 03:47:10 -0000 (UTC)
Minority Moose writes  >>From about 1:4 or 1:5 to infinity, an excellent lens,
but I bought it  >>for macro.    The highly vaunted OM Z. 90mm is nicely
corrected a wide open and for   the narrow dof aficionadi that might be
important.  I had been   skeptical that is is really  much better than the
tammy 90 or vivitar S1 90mm (same optically as the   Tokina ) which can go 1:1
with matching TC.  Later (?4 years ago) saw a   thread on FM with identical
nice shots at lower mag where the OMZ  90   excels compared to the VivS1 at
moderate aperture, IIRC.  The OMZ did   indeed have something alittle extra
despite nearly identical MTF   curves.  The background separation was just a
wee bit nicer with a 3D   effect.  The competition images were nice too and w/o
A:B comparison   nothing m
 ight be missed.  Worth the extra dosh?  I don't know  but am now convinced it
is a bit different.  Clearly not worth it for   Moose who wanted it to excel at
higher mags. Actually the Viv S1 90mm   withe the matched TC at 1:1 has a tad
less LoCA  than Big Foot despite the latter being  "APO".  I am not trading in
BF   anytime soon though.     I like the Viv S1 for film and digital and
grabbed a quick hand-held   shot this weekend of our new family member.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2678858580&k=TBPG98c&lb=1&s=L

http://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Macro-2010/12031654_hm7vCL#!i=1175882865&k=wF8fHMC&lb=1&s=L
    Mike                              --