Re: [OM] Panasonic with in-body stabilisation

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic with in-body stabilisation
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 12:32:59 -0600
> Doesn't Panasonic make their own sensors?

Not always. SONY has been supplying a few of them.

The key to this is that it's identified as "Live MOS" sensor. That's a
Panasonic thing.

The camera looks impressive, but not compelling. Each of the
manufacturers in the mirrorless space have an edge in one aspect or
another. I think the E-P5 is, overall, the best of them all. But the
Fuji X-Pro1 is my favorite. But the big problem now is the elephant in
the room, which is FF 35mm sensor size.

The time has come for the manufacturers to start pushing FF. They've
pushed the crop-sensor DSLR market as far as it could go, then they
went FF DSLR. Once that hit a market limit, the crop-sensor mirrorless
market heated up. Now that's dying down, so the next frontier is FF
mirrorless.

I can wait, honest, I can. If I've waited this long, what's another few months.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx