Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:02:10 -0500
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Johnie Stafford <jms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, the moment that Olympus has been waiting for has finally arrived. They
> have confirmed my purchase of the E-M5, so they can now make the
> announcement of a newer model.  *sigh*
>

> http://www.dailycameranews.com/2013/08/olympus-om-d-e-m1-high-end-camera-con
> firmed-coming-in-september/

Based on that article, with a claimed body-only price of $1500, I'm glad I
got my E-M5.  I got the E-M5, the 12-50 kit lens and the Panny 20/1.7 for
that price.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that pricing it above the C* and D* bodies
isn't the smart way to make headway into a crowded market.

The numbering is also confusing.  The first OM-D camera is the E-M5.  Then
the next, better, more expensive one is the E-M1??
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard