Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:32:20 -0600
> But I've decided I want an optical finder. It still leaves a wide
> choice, so far.

> I have time, so I'm calm about it. If I was picking now, I'd have a 6D
> with wide zoom, short tele zoom and something longer. And an OM adaptor.

Very interesting. I am of two minds (suprise?) when it comes to
electronic viewfinders. On the one hand, i really like the WYSIWYG
aspect to them and pretty much totally addresses the stop-down aspect
of legacy lenses. On the other hand, it is so hard to shoot anything
next to the OM system. As good as some of today's best viewfinders (of
any form) are, they pale in comparison to the OM viewfinder
experience.

Absent of a comparative, I really liked the EVF in the E-M5. But then
I looked through the Sony and Fuji cameras. And then I looked through
the viewfinder of a 6D. Finally, I looked through the OM-3Ti. At that
point, I realized just how far we have yet to go.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx