[OM] (Waaaay OT) Beer (maybe not so OT here?)

Subject: [OM] (Waaaay OT) Beer (maybe not so OT here?)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:24:19 -0400
One of those nice little confluences in life:

For years, my favorite draught beer when eating out around here has been from a
mini-micro (nano?) brewery in the immediate area. Not surprisingly, it's called
Pemaquid Ale. You can't get it in bottles or cartons or anything other than
glass gallon jugs or on draught.

So Usher99 and his far better half were in the area this past weekend, and we
availed ourselves of some Pemaquid while dining at the Anchor Inn in Round
Pond. When we got back to the house, where wi-fi is available, Mike used his
deep beer research sources to look up Pemaquid Ale.

Turns out it's classified as a (wait for it . . . wait for it . . . cacophony
of bagpipes, please) scottish ale. YES!

Where am I going to be next month?

That's right. Scotland.

Does it get any better than this? (And we're not even talking about the whisky!)

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal