[OM] Does anyone read the links? [was OM-D E-M1]

Subject: [OM] Does anyone read the links? [was OM-D E-M1]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:33:00 -0700
On 8/14/2013 7:27 AM, Donald wrote:
> As we say here, with irony, 'haud me back'...
>
> Not for me. Sure it will be for some folks. When I'm ready, all the
> FourThirds stuff will go.

"This camera will replace the Olympus E-5 Four Thirds camera and will be the
first MFT camera having 100% support of FT
lenses."

Obviously, I don't know if this is true. If it is, then it means this camera
answers at least four of the major issues
raised by 4/3 people here about the E-M5.

1. They have changed the sensor or otherwise managed to add phase detect AF. I
believe that is the only way to fully
support all the older 4/3 lenses. If they have come up with another, cool
magic! The otherwise confusing new name, E-M1,
could then make sense, as a combination of "E" and "M", a camera that is both
4/3 and µ4/3 - "1" because it is the first
to combine formats.

2. Will they ever update the 4/3 camera line? is the plaintive cry heard here,
less often recently, perhaps, but still
echoing on the list like the pliant of the ghost of format past. The answer, to
my surprise, appears to be yes, in an
unexpected way.

3. A higher resolution EVF. I am perfectly happy with the EVF in the E-M5, and
can happily MF with it. But I am
notorious for being able to be happy with pretty much any old VF. For all those
ready to jump on a Fuji for the EVF ...

4. WiFi. It remains to be seen how complete and useful the implementation is.
It will certainly do the stuff AG likes,
perhaps even the stuff the GX-7 does. The way Oly and Panny are trading tech
bits, it might be the Panny one.

To RTFM, I propose to add RTFL, to encourage folks here to actually read what
is referred to, rather than just reacting
to a post. ;-)

Task Master Moose