Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:36:55 -0700
On 8/14/2013 3:00 PM, Donald wrote:
> On 14/08/2013 21:49, Ken Norton wrote:
>>
>> The 6D seems like one of those "just right" cameras--I'll say that
>> it's close. Where it slips, it's still within the "ho-hum" category.
>> No major deal-breakers. It's not the beauty queen, but it doesn't howl
>> at the moon either. Just a nice wholesome girl to take home to meet
>> the folks.
>>
> I'm really looking at it as a tool, and if I was buying now, it fits the
> bill and ticks most of my boxes. All the really important ones.
>
> And yes, I did read the links. EVF. Doesn't matter how many dots it has.
> I want analogue.
>
> Colour me irrational, but I want an optical viewfinder.

Not irrational at all. We all have different needs.

> And at the cost, I may as well go FF.

Interesting. My decisions to leave FF had little to do with cost. They were
largely about size and weight. My 5D kit was
three Tamrons, 17-35, 90/2.8 Macro and 28-300, with occasional use of a Tokina
600/8. Perfectly good kit, covering a
long focal range at good to excellent IQ. Huge, and very weighty, compared to
my µ4/3 kit.

I went FF originally because crop sensors weren't up to IQ snuff. Now, for most
users, crop sensors are more than good
enough. I suppose Bob W gets some real value out of his D800, but he prints
super high quality prints larger than the
rest of us.

Absent the desire to use legacy MF lenses or a super shallow DOF style, I can't
see where FF buys anything for most users.

Unburdened Moose