Re: [OM] Does anyone read the links? [was OM-D E-M1]

Subject: Re: [OM] Does anyone read the links? [was OM-D E-M1]
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:39:53 +0100
On 14 August 2013 21:33, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. They have changed the sensor or otherwise managed to add phase detect
> AF. I believe that is the only way to fully
> support all the older 4/3 lenses.

A good point and I await with interest to see what they've done with AF,
but not the issue I have with 4/3 lenses on micro 4/3 bodies.  I'm more
concerned with the batteries.  Firstly, I don't want to have to buy  load
more batteries for a new body to use with my existing lenses, I want them
to be the same size & shape as the ones that power my E-3 and E-330.
 Secondly, those big old 4/3 lenses need more power to move the elements
around and the little thing in the E-M5 isn't really up to it.  Being able
to use the same battery grip as the E-3 and E-5 would also be nice.  It's
supposed to be a system, after all.

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer