Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D E-M1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:57:55 -0400
I commented the other day that owning an E-M5 has not yet convinced me
to sell the 5D.  That is only partially that it still offers some
non-overlapping functionality.  And it definitely isn't superior IQ as
the E-M5 is at least its equal.  Mostly it's that I still do not handle
the E-M5 as comfortably as the 5D.  Operating its controls is still far
from second nature.  I find that operating the rear control wheel is
awkward for a  left-eyed shooter as is reaching the play back button
(which would have been my choice for a focus button if it weren't so
hard to reach).  If I anticipate I'll have plenty of time to take a shot
(usually) I'll take the E-M5.  If I expect I'll be shooting people and
may have to shoot quickly and/or use fill flash I'll take the 5D.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/14/2013 10:36 PM, Moose wrote:
> Absent the desire to use legacy MF lenses or a super shallow DOF style,
I can't see where FF buys anything for most users.