[OM] Paul's PAW - new ones up!

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - new ones up!
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 00:47:05 -0500
OK, so my life sometimes freaks me out.  Through my association with Jim
Peterik, founder of the rock bands The Ides of March and Survivor, I've
met a bunch of musicians who were my musical heroes in the 80's.  Guys
I'd go see in concert but never got closer than a stadium to.

And now I'm hanging out with them and having dinner.  One of these days,
I'll wake up and real life will come rushing back in...

But in the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Saturday evening I went to see Night Ranger in South Bend, IN.  I'm good
friends with Joel Hoekstra, a Chicago boy who's now their second
guitarist.  I've also met Kelly Keagy, Drummer and Jack Blades, the
bassist and frontman.  But mostly Joel.  So, he invited me back to hang
out in the dressing room before the show and meet the other guys.

While 50-year-old me is acting all casual and stuff, 21-year-old me is
jumping up and down and squealing like a teenager.

I had gotten the E-M5 out and mounted the FL-50 and the Fong salad bowl,
getting ready to have my photo taken with the guys.  Then Brad Gillis,
the lead guitarist, said, "Oh - you're a photographer.  Want to take
some shots of me?"

Yeah.  Like I'm going to say no.

So I tried some without flash, some with.  The lighting in the room was,
to be kind, crap.  However, that Panny 20/1.7 was magic.

There are three new photos in "Music is the Medicine" - I just copied
the natural-light portrait into the PAW gallery.

Enjoy!

C&C Welcomed.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard