Re: [OM] 90/2 Macro Zuiko rattles, but looks like it is supposed to.

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2 Macro Zuiko rattles, but looks like it is supposed to.
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:33:48 +0000 (UTC)
Maybe John H. will chime in.  I can see at least 2 threaded lock rings behind
the rear element.  Perhaps they can get loose.  At any rate, it appears to not
affect its' use, but if it does, is certainly worth putting $$ into.

----- Original Message -----From: Iwert Bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>To:
Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
08:35:33 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2 Macro Zuiko rattles, but looks like
it is supposed to.

Well,

it is not a rattle, there is very slight play in the rear lens
group(left/right) that one can hear in a silent environment when shaking
thelens quite seriously. I only found out about it after this thread. But itis
to my point of view certainly not a rattle. If it is really rattling,there must
be something wrong. When mounted on the camera I can't hearanything. The 35-70
3.6 has a bit of rattle with the bearing balls...

Iwert.