Re: [OM] IMG: Young K'iche' Girl

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Young K'iche' Girl
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:27:36 +1200
Tina wrote:
> PESO:
>
> Can you tell it's raining in SC?  Scanning all day today:

I'm glad you seem to be letting some of these scans show what might be the
full saturation of colour in the hand-made fabrics.

Actually, I'm a bit shocked that the colour intensities of your photos were
challenged as to veracity by others, and feel sorry that you felt obliged to
comply with what they said. Reminds me of the 'dumbing-down' of tuition
that seems widespread in schools these days.

I'd really like to see some relatively modern digital shots of these subjects
(if
such activities in these communities still bear some resemblance to what
you saw) that have not have had the colour edited, for comparison.

Perhaps you could keep some of your scans at the original saturation.

Keep them coming; I enjoy the exposure to such a different culture from
where I sit. Actually, it is so boring here that nearly anything grabs my
attention. But these central American photos really ARE something else -
they are in a category all their own, above all others.

Brian Swale