Re: [OM] E-M5 sample gallery on Oly's site

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 sample gallery on Oly's site
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:31:15 -0400
Banned in the EU, eh?  But they were built not far from you in Thames
Ditton, Surrey.  But if you read the Wiki article here
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Cobra> you'll see that, as Paul
suspected, this (from the side pipes and other details) seems to be the
competition version.

Checking the photos I see that neither the Cobra nor the Cadillac have
front license plates.  In California you can order vintage style plates
for your 50s, 60s and 70s cars
<http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel12/2012_20.htm> but, except
for years 1945 and 1946 every California car requires both a front and
rear plate.  Fitting a competition car, the Cobra doesn't seem to have a
mount for a front plate.  The Cadillac, however, does have a rear plate.
  As shown, neither car is legal for the road.  Maybe that's why they're
photographed on a relatively deserted stretch of old US Route 66 ("the
mother road") in the middle of the Mojave desert.

Chuck Norcutt