Re: [OM] IMG: Christmas Market

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Christmas Market
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:38:03 -0600
> Soon any overactive child was diagnosed with ADHD and medicated with
> something like Ritalin...

I got officially diagnosed with it in my 40's.

> "I've got a migraine."
> "What sort of aura do you get?"

That's only one of the possible symptoms. Not always present. A common
diagnosis symptom for migraines is hemispherical pain. A classic
migraine is commonly thought to be hemispherical--meaning that it's
primarily on just one side of the head.That's sometimes true,
sometimes not. Recent research is finally debunking this as a
diagnostic tool. As there are several possible triggers for most
sufferers, it depends on what the trigger is to whether it's
hemispherical or whole head.

If I can catch them early (within a minute or two of first
appearance), I can usually stop them from getting too far along (see
previous note about picking the right meds), but once in a while
they'll go totally bezerk and the only thing you can do is find
someplace dark and quiet and have a bucket handy.

There is some fascinating research emerging which indicates that a
person's liklihood for hormone-sensitivity migraines (not the official
term, but you get the idea) is determined in the womb.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx