Re: [OM] OT: Health Issue

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Health Issue
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:37:31 +1200
Chris Trask wrote;
> Since many of us here are of senior citizen status, I thought this health
> news item might be of interest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23847632

Ten years ago there was a very interesting article in New Scientist, and a
local radio programme. Please see a page on one of my other sites
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/health.htm#3

Apparently, eating broccoli confers lifelong reduction in likelihood of
contracting some forms of cancer. I noted that after this article was
published, New Zealand sales of broccoli as a vegetable soared, and have
remained high ever since. It was a rare vege here prior to that.

Brian Swale