Re: [OM] 12-40 F2.8 Oly zoom for the EM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] 12-40 F2.8 Oly zoom for the EM-1
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:26:38 -0500
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What Moose said.  I moved to the EM-5 specifically to avoid large and
> heavy camera bodies and also the blunderbuss f/2.8 lenses.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

I, too, enjoy the small size and light weight.  But part of what I shoot is
concerts from time to time and for that, I need a fast lens, which is why
I'm looking at one of the OM 100/2.8's which will give me 200mm equiv or
maybe something bigger, like 200mm or 300mm.  That's also why I'm looking
at the HLD-6, since the big old glass really feels front-heavy on that
little E-M5 body.

However, for most of what I'm doing, either the 12-50 kit lens or that
Panny 20/1.7 is keeping me happy and shooting.
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard