Re: [OM] 12-40 F2.8 Oly zoom for the EM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] 12-40 F2.8 Oly zoom for the EM-1
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:36:47 -0400
In my last job I used my e-5 with the 12-60, 14-35 and the 35-100 in a regular
shooting role as at a private school. I routinely needed to work in the theatre
and a chapel. The latter involved needing to shoot at f2.8 1/60th and 1600 ISO.
So fast lenses were my only option to get anything even vaguely usable.

Now granted that was professional usage but I wouldn't want to use an extreme
variable aperture zoom in my personal work if I have the choice. Now that I'm
no longer working for the school I have sold most of my Oly kit and just kept
the 14-54/50-200 combo with an e-620. I really miss the 35-100 though, awesome
lens that one.

I don't disagree on a lot of your points though. For casual users its not as
big an issue. But for learning the craft it helps to have as little area for
confusion.

Dan S