Re: [OM] (OM) New macro photos up

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) New macro photos up
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:35:08 +1200
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Excellent renditions. Evocative and pleasing to the eye. But you know
> you've gone over the edge when you use one camera to take pictures of
> another camera taking pictures. <g>
>
> --Bob Whitmire
> Registered Neanderthal
>
> On Aug 25, 2013, at 7:04 PM, Brian Swale wrote:
>
>     Hi all, Please ( now THIS is local jargon) take a squizz at
>     http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=7971 and keep going to the
>     right until you come to the end.. Had some fun with the E-3 and these
>     manual-focus macro lenses: Zuiko 135/4, Sigma 90/2.8, and Panagor
>     50/2.8. Action recorded with the E-1 !! I should also do some with the
>     D Zuiko 35 macro, now that I picked one up for a virtual song

Thanks Bob.  It was a good chance to show the E-1 is not dead yet; and
also what these photos demonstrates is that, just as for "normal" lenses,
differing focal length of macro lenses permits differing perspectives, which
can be just as important for macro photography as it is for normal
photography. I didn't use the Zuiko 50/3.5, mainly because I don't know
where I've put it; and anyway the neglected Panagor covered that FL very
well.  On my screen, the three lenses all performed reasonably equally.

Later I took some shots of these flowers with the OM4T and the Zuiko
135/4.  With a bit of wind about, it was a pain to be unable to alter the ISO
even a bit.  :-(

Brian Swale