Re: [OM] The new revolution?

Subject: Re: [OM] The new revolution?
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 21:04:16 -0500
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  My impression too is that it's not quite as good as the newer design,
> although I'm not sure where I got that idea.

My impression from 3 sessions with it is that it is not quite as sharp as
the 14-54 or certainly the 50/2, but a lot of the time things don't need to
be and it's a nice beasty to work with.  It will get some use.

Supposed to have some CA at long end.  Yet to notice that.  It doesn't
focus particularly quickly, but on the E-620 that is heavily dependent upon
the subject.

Variable stop I don't notice either.  Rarely wider than f5.6 and often at
f8, so not much to worry about.  I think this sort of lens (from what
little I read) tends to do its best short of the long end.  At f5.6, I
notice that it begins to reach ultimately 6.3, but it is constant to just
left of 100mm.

Joel W.