Re: [OM] IMG: Pungo Creek Butcher

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Pungo Creek Butcher
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:42:45 +1200
Chris wrote:

> You might have been in the Italian part of the Tyrol, Brian.
>
> Chris
>
> On 30 Aug 2013, at 11:48, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>     When I went skiing in Austria in the early 1960's I was most put out
>     by the fact that the evening meals
> never had potatoes, but always some kind of what I now call pasta; which
> seemed very strange to me.

Not sure but I don't think so Chris. It was at Saalbach, then a lovely, little
spoiled village.

By the way, my tips for getting landscapes like those two of mine are; be
prepared during the first two and last two hours of daylight, and also when
the weather is about to change eg when a cold front comes through. Oh;
and you need luck as well :-)

Philippe, your link to a wikipedia article didn't work, probably because you
used a European font character which American/English computers do not
cope well with -  see this which is how it was represented on my machine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp?tzle

Are there any unique words in the article I can search for?

Leo, it is a fairly common myth that the western world got its potatoes from
the Peruvian Andes. There is a very solid research paper of maybe 30 - 40
years ago that I can't lay my hands on right now which makes it clear that
the most probable source of the Western World spuds is one of the
southern Chilean Islands which early European voyagers had access to. I
can't even remember the name of the island right now. Such are the joys of
growing older ...

Brian Swale