Re: [OM] 12-40 F2.8 Oly zoom for the EM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] 12-40 F2.8 Oly zoom for the EM-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:53:29 -0400
I've had some difficulty adapting to shooting the 14-150 at 150 (300mm
equivalent) in that I typically misjudge the DOF and it turns out to be
inadequate for the shot.  And these are at distance, not closeup.  I
typically used the Tamron 24-135 on the 5D and almost never used more
than 200mm.  Because the Tokina 80-200 was such a blunderbuss it was
almost always mounted on a tripod where I had plenty of time and
opportunity to check DOF.  I guess I should be more careful and may also
have to make a little DOF table so I have a better idea of what's what
without having to carefully consult the viewfinder.  I'll really have a
problem if I get the 70-300.

Chuck Norcutt